Wednesday, January 12, 2005

i saw a body *maybe*

So it only took me 15 months (3 of those downtown) in Toronto to see my first dead body. Technically I saw a body covered with a sheet but there was a hu-massive pool of blood. I was passing through the Eaton Centre with Margaret and Ingrid and we saw yellow tape blocking off some escalators and such. We peered over the edge as we got closer and saw the mess. I didn’t think it would be such a bright red. I called my dad when I got home because anytime someone dies in the GTA my mother calls me to make sure I’m okay. Then I called Maria and she already knew about it ( the woman knows everything that happens in the core I’m telling ya)When Jeremy arrived to watch Amazing Race with me I told him what I’d seen and goes ‘hmmm. I brought you a Panzerotto’. I was shocked at his lack of shockedness and told him so. He explained to me with a lackluster expression that he’s seen 3 bodies, two of which he witnessed the transition from living person to corpse. Death doesn’t really bother him apparently. Consider tho that he has been to one funeral for a loved one and I have been to 5.

update* So we’re pretty sure it was a suicide, as there is no information anywhere regarding the incident. I did a post not too long ago about subway jumpers and suicide but it seems to be missing. If anyone has seen it please let me know.


update** I've heard (from someone who would know) that the fellow survived, and is now a vegetable.

No comments: