Monday, April 4, 2005

cabin fever

Well I’ve now done something new I had never done before. Spent the weekend nursing someone through a fever. It was mainly a matter of forcing Advil down his throat, taking his temperature every 10 minutes and slapping a wet cloth on his forehead even tho he threatened me with bodily harm for doing so.

It also involved getting a raspberry slush puppy at 7 in the morning, because it would make him feel better, calling his mother every half hour with progress reports and questions and being up and dressed, ready to go to the hospital just in case since 6 in the morning.

I feel like I’ve been through some sort of rite of passage. If I was still a girl guide I’m sure I would get the ‘nursing an invalid’ badge. Technically tho it would be ‘nursing a cranky, grumpy invalid who has reverted to age 6’ badge.

I wonder what that would look like?

No comments: