Wednesday, May 18, 2005

may 17th - one year later

Yesterday was ‘one year ago we met again’ for Jeremy and myself. For those of you who don’t know, we dated briefly in university and last year we made contact for the first time in over three years. Instant sparks. At least I thought so. The second time we went out for a beer I knew it was inevitable that something would happen. I didn’t know what that might be, I certainly didn’t think a year later we’d be together and not have gotten on each others nerves enough to even make the radar.

When I went to my apartment last night he was already there and wearing the same shirt he wore exactly one year ago. When we went out for that first beer he bought it especially for that occasion, so I thought that was sweet. That’s about the extent of romantic sentiment I’ll get out of him, so it counts for a lot more than you might think. On that note, there are some pros to having me as a girlfriend. Backrubs, foot rubs, back scratches, and head scratches – these are nearly unlimited. And I’m good at them. Also I don’t nag about things. Anyway there is a price to pay for these things. A terrible terrible price. At any given moment I will turn to you and ask you why I’m special. Or why you love me, or what you were thinking when you first saw me. It’s true. I don’t do it often but it happens randomly. This is a surefire way to make Jeremy squirm. Last night, being an anniversary of sorts I wanted to reflect on the year gone by. He tried to get away with ‘time flies when you’re having fun’ when pressed about his feeling about the past year. Eventually I uncovered that I have vastly increased his DVD collection and that makes him happy. He’s lucky he’s adorable.

No comments: