Tuesday, July 12, 2005

weekend

I went strawberry picking for the first time ever on Sunday. It was the last day of the season so pickins were slim but we managed to get a decent amount. However berries had to pass Jeremy’s inspection and a few of my better berries fell before his disapproving eye. Jerk.

Oh I saw Fantastic Four and War of the Worlds on Saturday. I recommend them. Fantastic Four is fun, but they’re definitely setting up for a sequel and I really enjoyed War of the Worlds. If I had to describe it in one word it would be ‘chilling’. The most accurate depiction of what an alien invasion would actually be like. When we left the theatre it was so calm in the streets we were momentarily disconcerted. I must read it now.

Anyway that’s the weekend report – as for the usual din it was a double birthday celebration for David and Jeremy and I had Beef Wellington for the first time ever. I love it. But for the absence of mashed potatoes it was a perfect meal.

Bear with me, I’m still getting my bloglegs back after my absence. I didn’t think it would be so difficult. No pics for awhile as my computer is undergoing surgery. Ah well you’ll have to use your damn imaginations. Use it. Use it good.

No comments: