Monday, July 3, 2006

clara* - casting agent extraordinaire

I am a woman of many wonderful ideas. After some discussion with Jeremy I have decided to share a few of these ideas with you. Today’s topic is – actors who should play specific characters in movies that have not yet been/may never be made. These two characters are particularly near and dear to me and these actors were BORN to play these roles. In fact if they ever made these movies without these guys playing their parts, I would seriously boycott them. Well maybe not totally. I would just rent.





Anyway first up is Gambit. If they ever (relax I know it’s not bloody likely) make another X-Men movie it freaking better have Gambit in it and he better be played by Vincent Cassel. The guy would be perfect and he’s actually French. He could totally pull of Gambit’s Cajun charm. Let’s strap a long coat on that ass and start the kinetic madness shall we?











Next up – Sam Vimes. The commander of the Anhk-Morpork City Watch from Terry Pratchett’s Discworld novels should be played by Pete Postlethwaite and none other. I mean it. He’s funny and serious at the same time and I could totally see him kicking some ass if you pushed him far enough. Bingly Bingly Beep – note to self, send a letter to Pete demanding he play this role.

I feel very strongly about both of my choices and I stand by them. I’m not the only one either. Google it on up if you don’t believe me.



No comments: