Monday, June 13, 2005

centre island for the very first time

This weekend Jeremy planned a surprise adventure for us. I wasn’t told where we were going. Imagine my joy when we arrived at the Island Ferry Docks. I’ve never been to the island and was very excited. Jer pointed out that I needed to get a swan boat pic for the ice queen, so we might as well make a day of it. The ferry was great, I haven’t been on one since I was very small. I can’t remember my exact age but it was when my family went to Moosefactory. Anyway, we got to the island and I called my mum to tell her where I was (I have a bit of a problem getting out and doing things so I like to tell her when I do, she understands what a big deal it is). On we went to Centreville and I immediately was on the lookout for corndogs (no such luck), we settled for burgers which took forever and were overcooked. Blech. But the food is not why we went and we ventured to the Far Enough Farm where I met all sorts of sweet animals – horses, sheep, emus, pigs, bunnies and baby pheasants in the hatching room. So cute. We took made sure we hit up the giant Adirondack chair and as you can see we quite enjoyed it. I had a hard time getting Jeremy of it. I think he was reliving his childhood a bit. We saw one of those old stone water fountains and he was ecstatic when he found out it still worked. He made me drink from it to ‘taste his childhood’. It was a bit dank but hey whatever floats your boat. I got a surprise bag at the gift shop and it had wonderful things inside – pogs, stickers, candy and a colouring book with crayons. Not a bad deal for $1.95! Next it was on to the hedge maze where Jeremy took great pleasure in ducking around corners and trying to lose me, then jumping out moments later and grabbing me. It doesn’t sound romantic but trust me it was. In fact the whole day felt very much like a date. Awwww. It was a great day and I hope to head back several times this summer. I got some awesome shots of the cityline from the island. Slowly but surely I’m making my way around this fabulous city; with a guide like Jeremy I can’t go wrong.








All the pics can be found at clarapics in the centre island album. I urge you to take a look, there are over 50 more pics I just couldn’t be bothered to put up.

*also some are at grinchala.

No comments: