Moving on, I’d like to share with you something from Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert. I get the newsletter and daily dilbert comic and last time I checked my inbox this funny bit was waiting for me. Scott has decided to start a Dilbert blog and he outlined the process that one must go through before starting their own blog:
“People who are trying to decide whether to create a blog or not go
through a thought process much like this:
1. The world sure needs more of ME.
2. Maybe I’ll shout more often so that people nearby can experience the joy of knowing my thoughts.
3. No, wait, shouting looks too crazy.
4. I know – I’ll write down my daily thoughts and badger people to read them.
5. If only there was a description for this process that doesn’t involve the words egomaniac or unnecessary.
6. What? It’s called a blog? I’m there!
The blogger’s philosophy goes something like this:
Everything that I think about is more fascinating than the crap in your head.”
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS LIKE! Pretty much anyway. Ah, good stuff Mr. Adams. Brava.
On a final note I will give one more clue in the pet name game –
Of the remaining two names one is from a romance novel (well known author) and the other from an epic novel by an Australian author. I’ll put you all out of you misery before I go home today.
Update* Ice Queen got one more pet name and now I begin the arduous process of immortalizing her in an ode. It’s only a matter of time before she pinpoints my Lady Brenna, so if you want to play be quick.
Update* Ice Queen has won the game!!! She identified Lady Brenna from Johanna Lindsay's Fires of Winter. Check in on Monday for an Ode to my liege. Congrats my dear, I'm honestly surprised. Some of them were obscure....
My pet’s names: