Friday, December 2, 2005

forbidden love

Ah the heartache! The devastation and longing!! Is there anything more poignant than the plight of these star crossed lovers? Can they ever be together? If they manage to steal a few fleeting moments together will they be better off than loving each other from afar? Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? Age old questions my friend. Questions I have no answer for.


I did happen across this photo of a sculpture and at first it creeped me out. Then I started thinking of the whole forbidden love thing and it grew on me. I’m pretty sure I’m going to end up getting a frame at the dollar store and hanging it on my wall. Just something about it. Secret goings on in the woods that we can barely imagine. Maybe the hare is it’s mother, and this is a maternal embrace. Maybe the hare has killed the dog in battle and is holding it as it dies in a profound respect that only lifelong enemies can have. We will never know. But boy can we speculate. I think I may even write a short story about it. Feel free to do the same.


There once was a Hare from Nantucket…..







Sophie Ryder – Lady Hare Holding Dog

No comments: