Tuesday, February 7, 2006

taboo? i do!

For the second time in my life I came into contact with the game Taboo. I think I was in high school the first time I was forced to play. I hated it. I kept sidling to the back of the classroom so my turn would be skipped. Luckily there were enough people who wanted to play that I wasn’t noticed. Last night taboo again reared its ugly head. Fortunately for me (and everyone within pouting distance), I enjoyed myself. Immensely. I think nailing my first word in a really cool way boosted my confidence. The word was jukebox and my clue was ‘Fonzie hits this to make it work’. My team got it right away. Jeremy did pout a bit when Denise and I chattered away during one of his turns. Poor thing. To be fair that happened to each person at some point. Anyway my favourite clue of the evening (of mine, anyway), went like this:

Me: No longer married.
Jer & Denise: Divorced!
Me: No. Luckier!
Jer & Denise: Widow!
Me: Yes!

Much laughter ensued and I glowed prettily with pleasure. I have no problem being the centre of attention if I look pretty and I just said something witty. I think I looked pretty anyway; it could have been a wine flush.

No comments: