Tuesday, May 23, 2006

claremy hearts the zoo

On Friday Jeremy and I trekked on out to the zoo. Oh what fun. I’m telling you, if you want to have a good time at the Toronto Zoo, take my boyfriend with you. The boy knows the zoo like the back of his hand. He knows the animals BY NAME. He watched them grow up. He is very excited for the day when he can be a retired volunteer that wanders around the zoo all day answering questions. He’d do that now if he could. Once I’m back at work and have money (as I haven’t got a dime from EI you bastards) we will become members. We couldn’t do the whole zoo as I still am not 100% stamina wise, but if we were members we could go for quick jaunts and such. Nice. I cried when I saw the elephants. And Jeremy made fun of me until we went to see the bears and he got all choked up watching them play for 20 minutes. Ah the zoo.


This weekend we went to my parent’s farm for firework fun. I have never laughed so hard in my life. The wine had been freely flowing for some time and my insane father sets up the fireworks pot about three feet from where we were all sitting. The men were all standing together, and you could hear things waft over from their huddle like ‘it’s not so hard to make nitro glycerin’ from my scientist brother in-law. Seriously, yikes. Ah, fam.

No comments: