Monday, June 12, 2006

go figure

I got a new dress at the second hand shop and I am getting TONS of compliments on it today. I don’t have the heart to tell them that it’s a maternity dress. Plus then I would inevitably be asked if I was pregnant and that is never something you want to hear when you are not pregnant and in fact 20 pounds overweight. So I’m sparing all of us some embarrassment.

Speaking of embarrassment… I am submitting a little ‘welcome back clara’ thing for the company newsletter and I wanted to include a pic of me with my rad new scar. So I brought my camera today and have been waiting ALL MORNING for the reception area to be empty so I can snap a quick pic without looking like an egomaniac. So finally the moment of emptiness arrives and I take it. Two seconds later someone’s head pops around the corner and asks ‘oh you taking pictures? Of yourself? Let’s see’.


Sigh.

No comments: