Tuesday, June 27, 2006

horror flicks of the 80's

I was watching Queer Eye for the Straight Guy last night and they made over Michael Bacon (Kevin’s brother!). I have never seen the Fab Five so silent when someone talked as they were when they were in Kevin Bacon’s presence. What fun! Anyway the reason I’m mentioning it is because Carson made a really obscure b horror movie reference, which of course I got. Anyone remember Chopping Mall? Oh I do baby. How about:

Spasms?
Microwave Massacre?
Sleepaway Camp?
Killer Klowns From Outer Space?
Hello Mary Lou – Prom Night II?

All wonderful wonderful movies.

Now there are other horror movies that are just awful/wonderful but these were all watched by me in the same time period and have mentally fused together into a myriad of dreadfully acted gorefests. A golden age of B movies the likes of which I have never seen again. If anyone has a recommendation I would be happy to get it.

No comments: