Monday, June 19, 2006

thumper, we hardly knew ye



Last Monday Jeremy had to have his number one girl put down. As you can see this wasn’t me. This was Thumper - a pretty, bitchy cocker spaniel whom Jeremy loved to distraction. In old home movies you can tell when Jeremy is filming because as soon as Thump is in sight that’s all you’re going to get footage of. Jer loves to tell me that when Thumper was a puppy and would cry at night he take her to bed and rock her to sleep, singing songs while she chewed on his ear. I had to call him just now to get the details of that story straight and you should have heard his voice change when he started retelling the story. It softened and fair lilted it did. Ah poor Jeremy. No worries thought, I have it on good authority that she came to a peaceful end. We should all be so lucky.

You know what this means don’t you? Now I’M his number one girl. Finally.


No comments: