Thursday, July 20, 2006

spoon feed me words

“Named Lizette, she was a Grecian temple in which no sacrifice had ever been made. Vestal virgin of New Orleans, found walking without shadow in the thankgod coolness of cockroach-crawling Louisiana night”

Excerpt from "On the Downhill Side" by Harlan Ellison

One of the best bits of prose I have ever read. Love love love. I like to say it over and over. Just ask Jeremy. Back when I used to drink nightly I would slur it at him every 5 minutes. He’s not quite to fond of it anymore but I rediscovered it while pawing through half filled notebooks searching for something to post about. It worked, and I’ve revealed a new depth of feeling for it that could only be achieved through the clarity of sobriety. Smooth and crisp, it’s one of those things that makes me want to crystallize words into reality until I through them on the bed and roll around in them.

Or put them into a big bin and jump in them like at Chuck E. Cheese.

No comments: