Tuesday, September 19, 2006

on how clara goes overboard

Funnily enough, for someone who does things half assed most of the time I tend to go nuts with certain things. Until I lose interest. For instance when I found out about my thyroid cancer I ended up spending $300 on books and awareness merchandise that are know on a shelf somewhere. I do look things up sometimes but it’s not as vital as it seemed at the time.

Well I’ve recently decided that I’m going to make beaded jewellery, following in my sister’s footsteps. In true Clara style I didn’t just get a few beads and try it out first – oh no. I needed a FULLY STOCKED BEADERY before I would even get started. Over $200 later I’m all set. So maybe I’ll actually make something now.




I’m very 'all or nothing'. I remember once at a book sale I saw a stack of Heavy Metal magazines that I simply had to have. I had no money so begged Jeremy to get them for me. Well he couldn’t afford them all but I refused to take just a few, it was either the whole collection or none at all! So dramatic. Once I have my little heart set on something I can be quite stubborn. Fortunately I’m easily distracted so carry something shiny in your pocket and I’m very easier to get along with.

Speaking of shiny I even got Swarovski crystal beads – fancy!

No comments: