Thursday, December 28, 2006

terror of the skies

While we were down in Niagara visiting my fam we stopped at the Butterfly Conservatory. We were taking the kids officially but Jeremy had never been so he was pretty excited. I was looking forward to showing him something new that I had fond memories of.

So we go through the whole kerfuffle of getting our tickets, hanging up pour coats and standing in line – finally we enter the butterflies domain. After a few minutes of taking everything in I turn to Jeremy, who is practically glued to my back, and say:

Isn’t it just magical? Dreamy sigh.

He just looks around suspiciously and responds ‘I don’t think I like it here.’

What! Why?

A HUGE butterfly floats nearby and he grabs onto me.

I think I feel them crawling on me….

Oh Jeremy.

Though he did loosen up enough to enjoy himself (I think) it was not the wondrous experience I thought it would be and I don’t think I’ll be able to get him back in there anytime soon, if ever.


Ah well.

No comments: