Monday, July 7, 2008

bday boy

Well the ‘holiest day on the calendar’ has come again. Sigh. I speak of course of Jeremy’s birthday. I thought I was bad with my tiaras and daily reminders for my birthday….but at least when it’s over it’s over. Jeremy drags his out for weeks somehow.

I took the easy out and got him this massive Lego Star Destroyer that he wanted. I did a really good job of fooling him into thinking he wasn’t getting it though. I did a lot of ‘there’s no way in hell I’m giving up my table for a year for a 3 foot piece of plastic’. And so on.

It worked. He was quite surprised.

He always takes his birthday off and when I came home I found him exactly where I left him that morning – cross legged on the floor surrounded by Lego. He had made serious progress though. Apparently he did nothing else all day.

He’s having withdrawals now…I got this email fromhim a couple of hours ago:

…………………..can't focus on work………………..must build Lego…………………….experiencing "plastic block" withdrawal……………..i'm so cold, so very very cold……………..gonna start turning tricks for Lego……………

No comments: