Saturday, July 26, 2008

warning: the following reenactment may contain full frontal nudity


Clara fall down go boom.



I was getting out of the shower last night and I was injured by the joint efforts of my bathtub and bathroom mat. The attack came out of nowhere. I stepped on the carpet and it shot out from under me. I went up high and came down HARD on the edge of the tub.


I don’t know that I have ever had so much pain. All the air left my lungs, I was gasping and writhing in agony, my back a riotous mass of excruciating spasms. I eventually gasped Jeremy’s name loud enough for him to hear me and he came to rescue me.

Scary stuff though. I’ve probably only bruised it badly, thank goodness. Words like pinched, slipped or herniated were haunting me. They said worse case there could be a fractured vertebrae. If it still hurts on Monday or hurts worse rather, I’ll get an x-ray and we’ll see.



For now though I’m taking it easy, icing it on up and relying on my houseboy to take care of me. Poor Clara.

No comments: