Wednesday, August 30, 2006





I have always loved my name. Felt it set me apart, in a good way. Sure I get called Claire and Carla on occasion. Well usually those people who call me Clair or Carla do so only a regular basis. I try correcting them but it never lasts. Ah well, c’est la vie.






You’ll notice that the famous Clara’s of the world are special too.


Clara Rockmore, Theremin player extraordinaire.
Clara Bow - sex symbol and also a third child….
Clara Shuman - composer and pianist.
Clara Barton - founder of the American Red Cross
Clara Cluck - Disney’s diva.


When I was in high school we had to make a ‘creative container’ out of clay and I made a globe with oddly shaped continents and countries all named after me. Clarasia, Claranada – you get the picture. Remember when you would get a crush on someone and write their name over and over in your notebook? I always did that with my name. I’ve always considered naming all my children after me. Clarissa, Clarabell, Clarence. What fun! I’ll bring it back. The name hasn’t really been popular since the 1900’s. But then that’s one of the things I like about it most. Of course when someone calls out “Sarah” I think they’re talking to me but really it must be worse for all you Sarahs out there. Poor mites.

Have a clariffic day!

No comments: