Tuesday, October 10, 2006

turkey, chili and wedding cake



What a great Thanksgiving! Food, fun, family and only a little bit of fighting. First up, Connie and Dave’s nuptials. Unfortunately we missed the ceremony due to a \n emergency room detour, just a quick stop but enough to make attendance impossible, though we did go to the reception the next day. Talk about a tearjerker! It was intimate, emotional and elegant. Wonderful. Not for my eye makeup but lovely just the same.

Next stop, Niagara Falls and fun on the family farm. The place looked beautiful! Fall really agrees with the ol’ homestead. We had our annual chilli cookout back in the Bush. I think I ate 6 chilli dogs this weekend and I forgot my toothbrush at home. Heh. I’m sure that was fun for everyone else. I got some quality playtime in with the niece and nephew, which included tying numerous stuffed animals to the willow tree and propelling them about, and a delicious and fragrant lamb’s ear salad. Mmmm! Delish!


Last night rounded off the weekend with a traditional dinner at the in-laws. And by traditional I mean traditional for them. We played headbands and fondly harassed each other over heaping plates of turkey and potatoes. Yummy!

One thing was odd though, and I didn’t realize it until I was preparing this post…..I took NO pictures of Jeremy this whole weekend. I think that’s a record. I’ll have to take a bunch tonight, maybe when I get home and he’s having a nap. Or is that too rude? Creepy?

No comments: