Thursday, November 23, 2006

for the last time, it's that time of year again

Okay we got the Open House out of the way now there’s just one last obstacle to lazy weekends full of video games, lounging and junk. The Gourmet Food & Wine Show looms over me, eating up my entire weekend. Remember it from last year? Seriously though it’s going to be brutal, but I’m looking forward to it. Not only is it a whole show about food, wine and sampling such things – it is our very last show EVER! End of an era really. Ever since I was a kid I’ve been doing these things. I used to go to the wedding shows, heritage days, mall kiosks, fairs, food festivals, taste of whatever - you name it. Setting up, tearing down, standing all day, smiling lamely at people ‘just looking’, dodging out of the way of the large group of women after free samples, looking frantically at the crowd of 40 people clamouring for their fondue when you’ve run out of chocolate and are waiting for your dad to get back with more.

Ahh, good times.

Hopefully we have a good weekend, but not so good that we can’t run out and get some food ourselves. I want to TASTE dammit!

No comments: