Thursday, August 23, 2007

join us

I don’t know exactly what I was expecting when we went to go see Evil Dead: The Musical last night, but let me tell you – it rocked. Pseudo Sisters in-law Hayley and Rebecca had graciously taken me and Jeremy along for a thrilling evening of theatre. The best kind of theatre too – one where they serve beer and chips in your seat. I did succumb to thesis in-laws’ urging and sample a girly drink, the diesel dream, which was totally worth it. Pineapple coconutty goodness that wasn’t too sweet. Yummers.

As soon we took our seats at
at the wickedly cool diesel playhouse I started getting excited, even more so when Jeremy pointed out the hugely huge Necronomican centre stage. When the show began I was enthralled from start to finish. It was HILARIOUS! And bloody and entertaining and chock full of innuendo – sexual, the best kind. I just can’t say enough about it. I could easily go again.

I was going to pass on a t-shirt but Jeremy had to point out that the lettering on the girls tee was red metallic and how can you turn down red metallic lettering. You don’t. Jeremy picked up the soundtrack and we have been listening to it ever since, at home and on ipods as we traverse the city.

I highly recommend, you have until September 8th to go see it. Go. Now.

No comments: