Wednesday, August 6, 2008

ursa lamer

So when we go to bed Jeremy straps on…a headlamp (what did you think I was going to say? Pervs) and reads for a bit before falling asleep.

Last night I crawled into bed and waited for the inevitable and aggravating 20 minute shuffling and grumbling that is Jeremy getting into sleep position. He’ll stand or kneel on the bed and make sure the blankets are a certain way and the sheet is wrapped around him just so before gingerly lowering himself to the mattress. For some reason this time the head lamp was turned on already when he was standing on the bed; I had rolled into bed and pulled a sheet half over one thigh (MY bedtime routine). After about 30 seconds I realized that, hey, there was still a light shining on me. I grunted and waved a hand in it’s general direction. At this point I heard a suspicious giggling noise. I turned and, squinty eyed, questioned Jeremy’s sanity. He merely replied ‘I’m a Star….I’m the North Star!’.


Sigh.

He used the same tone and mannerisms as he did the time he informed me he was the
princess from the neverending story. After this display I was serenaded with a tuneless droning of lullabies (his words, not mine..accurate though).

Ah, hilarity.

No comments: